"VITILIGO" We Can Treat Vitiligo...!
- Vitiligo is a type of skin disorder that causes patches of discolored skin to form. These look like discolored blotches on various parts of the body. This skin disorder even affects the eyes, inside of the mouth and the hair too.
- Melanin is the substance which gives the natural color to our eye, hair and skin. The larger the amount of melanin produced in the body, the darker is the skin tone of the person. Vitiligo develops in case the melanocytes (melanin-producing cells) malfunction or die altogether.
- Vitiligo affects people of all skin tones but it is most noticeable in people with a darker skin tone. Although this condition is not contagious or harmful otherwise, it is still a source of great stress for the person affected due to the unattractive blotches seen on the visible skin (face, neck, hands, shoulders, etc).
- Vitiligo treatment helps to improve the appearance of the skin however it is not effective in treating it. Complete removal of vitiligo might require more extensive and surgical methods.
EXIMER LASER MACHINE FOR VITILIGO
Signs and symptoms of Vitiligo
- Vitiligo is mostly seen as loss of pigmentation in the form of lighter-colored blotches on the skin. Mostly, the discoloration of the skin is noticed in the more exposed parts of the skin, such as the lips, face, arms, feet and hands, which are also essentially, exposed more to the sun.
The normal signs and symptoms of vitiligo are:
- Discolored patches of skin
- Premature graying/whitening of hair on head, eyebrows, eyelashes or facial hair
- Loss of color in the inner tissue linings of the mouth and nose
- Loss/change in color of retina
- Discolored blotchy skin around the rectum, genitals, navel and armpits
- Vitiligo is seen developing at almost any age, but is most common in people above the age of 20 years.
Causes of Vitiligo
- Vitiligo develops when the melanocytes stop production of melanin due to any reason. This lack of melanin results in the development of lighter-colored skin patches. Although the exact cause for the malfunctioning of the melanocytes is still under study, it is suspected to be related to an immune system disorder, genetics (family history) or a trigger.
- There are various different types of treatments available for vitiligo, which are aimed at making the affected skin tone more similar to the surrounding natural skin tone. However results may vary from patient to patient.
- At GEM we have the most latest eximer 308 laser (targetted photo therapy equipment).
Before and After Treatments at GEM SKIN , HAIR & LASER Centre...!