"Smooth, Glowing Skin Immediately" at gem skin, Hair and Laser centre...!
- Microdermabrasion is a common lunch time procedure for skin rejuvenation/ revitalization with no down time.
- It is a superficial rejuvenating technique in which the skin is treated with aluminum oxide crystals / diamond tip.
- Origin of microdermabrasion dates back to ancient Egyptian kings and queens who sand blasted their skin in their attempt at facial rejuvenation.
- Microdermabrasion is used to remove scars, blemishes and rough skin leaving the skin smooth, even toned and radiant.
- With microdermabrasion your skin will feel soft, smooth with reduction in scars and hyperpigmentation. For those with oily skin, there will also be a reduction in oiliness. Your dermatologist will give you follow up advice to be carried out at home to enhance these benefits.
- After a set of microdermabrasion procedures designed by our dermatologist you will have to maintain these results either by home care practices or return to the clinic for follow up sessions to get the maximum benefits.
- We effect a superficial skin polishing with the aid of a delicate hand piece, through which micro-crystals are vacuumed (or) by diamond tip hand piece. This technique delivers a gentle abrasion which efficiently produces satisfying results in as little as twenty minutes. Microdermabrasion treatments enhance your skin’s appearance through a course of weekly sessions. Most importantly, microdermabrasion is safe to use on all skin color and types.
- Microdermabrasion treatments usually last about 10 to 30 minutes. It can be done at 2 – 4 weeks apart sometimes it can be combined with other treatment modalities like medifacials and laser treatments.
- Chemical peeling is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin. In this treatment a chemical solution is applied to the skin which causes the skin to get rid of undesirable changes that may have taken place such as pimples, pigmentation and wrinkles.
- Depth of the peeling (Superficial, medium or deep) is chosen considering type of skin, damage done to skin & desired results.
- During a chemical peel most patients experience a warm to hot sensation that may last for 2 – 3 minutes and maybe followed by some stinging. There are lunch time peels which permit the individual to go back to work immediately after the procedure without any special precaution except use of sunscreen. Deeper peels may require medications, special precautions, and may require a longer recovery time.
- Treat all types of pimples and mild scarring
- Improve skin texture and colour
- Diminish pigmentation such as sun spots, age spots, freckles or blotchiness
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- A chemical peel is a technique which involves the application of an medicated solution in order to improve the properties of the skin on the face, neck or hands mainly. The chemical solution thus applied to the skin causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off giving way to the generation of fresh skin.
- The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the older one because it has come up as a result of the regenerative mode the tissues had got into.
Salicylic acid, glycolic acid , Alpha Hydroxy acids (AHA), Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) or phenol are the most commonly applied chemicals for the chemical peeling procedure.
- Superficial Peels: Mostly done by Alpha Hydroxy Acids or other mild acids which are capable of penetrating only the outer layer of skin. These peels work to gently exfoliate and hence improve upon mild cases of skin discoloration and rough skin texture.
- Medium Peels: Done using Glycolic or Trichloroacetic Acid, these peels have the ability to penetrate up to the middle layers of the skin in order to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment helps in reducing age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, freckles as well as moderate extents of skin discoloration.
- Deep Peels: Involve usage of Trichloroacetic acid or phenol in stronger concentrations to deeply penetrate beyond the middle skin layer and remove the damaged cells. The treatment is effective in removal of moderate line, freckles, and shallow scars.
A Chemical Peel is useful for the following purposes:
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Removal of dead skin cells
- Smoothening of the rough texture
- Improvement of skin hydration
- Skin softening and reduction of open pores
- Lightening of pigments and dark spots
- Reduction in the appearance of acne scars
- Reduction and drying out of active acne
- Exfoliation of razor bumps
- Reduction of ingrown hair
- Enhancement of homecare programs by allowing deeper penetration of active products
During the Procedure
- Usually, a stinging or itching sensation is experienced but it cannot be called discomforting. Rather, a slight itch or sting is necessary to know that the procedure is working.
Once this sensation subsides, the acid applied is neutralized using either of water or sodium bicarbonate. This feels very cold to the skin and puts the itch to rest completely.
Post Procedure Instructions
- Moisturisation helps and sunscreen should be applied adequately and daily. Makeup can be worn from the next day itself.
- Issues Addressed: Normal to Sensitized Skin |Dull, Lifeless Skin | Environmentally Damaged Skin
- About the MediFacial:
Common factors that cause lustreless skin include smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, dehydration and poor diet. Basically, any trigger that deprives your skin of much-needed oxygen and nutrients will result in dull skin tone.
GEM Glow treatment targets dull skin to bring back the glow. It is a popular pre-event treatment at GEM that restores damaged / normal skin to a healthier, firmer and radiant skin. It offers its goodness to even sensitive skin with no side effects.
• Removes dead skin cells
• Fastens cell rejuvenation process
• Evens out skin tone and texture
• Brightens up the skin
• Gives a healthier glow
Issues Addressed: De-tan / Superficial Pigment spots / Dark circles / Tanned skin / Pigmentation from acne, Pregnancy and Pills.
- All of us are born with skin that is lighter than the skin we end up with as adults. This happens due to sun exposure and environmental damage and sometimes our inherent genetics.
- Brighter skin with that perfect glow can be achieved by fastening the cell rejuvenation process where as lighter skin can be achieved by using skin lightening treatments and products. At GEM Lightening & Brightening MediFacial is designed to even out the skin tone and brighten the complexion.
- This MediFacial uses a medical pigment lightening agent with the ionic properties of galvanic current to lighten and brighten the skin. The enzymes that are used are the mildest peeling agents available that restore the radiance of healthy skin. A specialist lightening ampule & mask is applied to further lighten the pigmentation and brighten the skin.
- Brightens the skin up
- Evens out skin tone and texture
- Lightens acne pigmentation
- Fades dark spots
- Reduces Melasma & hyperpigmentation
- Issues Addressed: Mild – Moderate Acne / Acne scar / Acne Pigmentation / Breakout-Prone skin / Blackhead and Blocked pores / Oily skin
- About the MediFacial
Acne is a growing concern not only among teenagers but also in young adults Acne / Pimples must be treated right away to prevent the scarring and pigmentation which can be permanent and lifelong.
The goal of acne treatment should be to heal existing lesions, stop new lesions from forming, prevent scarring, and minimize the psychological stress and embarrassment caused by it.
GEM MediFacial targets comedones and helps prevent further inflammation. It is a multi-step process, which shrinks the mild lesion, disinfects the skin, reduces the number of new acne and brings back hydration & glow.
• Helps clear congestion and breakouts
• Removes pore clogging debris
• Regulates sebum production
• Reduces redness
• Fades post inflammatory pigmentation
• Soothes and hydrates
- Liquid carbon is applied to the face and then blasted off with a laser in this non-invasive treatment
- A CARBON laser facial is a type of treatment for the face and claims to leave skin softer, firmer and smoother.
- It is a non-invasive procedure and is sometimes called the charcoal facial or charcoal peel.
- It involves applying a layer of liquid carbon over the face, which penetrates deep into the pores.
- A laser blasts the carbon away, with the light highly attracted to carbon particles.
- It’s claimed the carbon absorbs contaminants, and when the laser destroys the carbon it gets rid of these too. The laser is also said to remove dead skin cells, blackheads and The laser is said to penetrate deep into the skin, The process is meant to exfoliate the skin, supposedly reducing pore size, evening out skin tone as well as making the skin softer and appear more radiant.
- The facial is said to be particularly beneficial for people with oily skin, as it reduces acne-causing bacteria and shrinks sebaceous, or oil, glands.
- It can lift and tighten the skin, improve elasticity, moisturise and give a bright and radiant complexion. Celebrities are said to be fans of the treatment as the laser penetrates the deep layers of the skin, it is meant to stimulate collagen production, meaning firmer, more youthful looking skin.
The benefits of the treatment are said to include:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Tightens dilated pores
- Reduces acne, scars and post acne discoloration
- Removes dead skin cells from the superficial epidermal layer
- Stimulates collagen growth
- Improves skin texture
- Clears pores to help reduce blackheads and whiteheads